Login to enhance your online experience. Login or Create an Account
Kenkel Hardshell Nutcracker
- Your Kenkel Hardshell Nutcracker should be positioned so that the handle is not higher than your elbow.
- Using the black knob, adjust the bolt to accommodate the type of nut you wish to crack. The gap between the bolt and the holder when the handle is pushed down should be about half the size of the average nut.
- Place the nut vertically between the holder and adjustable screw. If the handle creates an angle of more than 45 degrees with the mounting board when the nut is in place, then the gap between the bolt and the holder is too small. Readjust.
- Press down on the handle, taking care to keep fingers away from the nut. This causes the shell to break outward from the nutmeat, giving larger pieces.
- The pressure required to crack different nut types depends on size and shell thickness. Too much pressure will crush the meat. Avoid crushing the meat by using less pressure or by adjusting the screw.
- Black walnut shells crack easiest if the nuts are not too dry. Aged black walnuts may be too dry.
- Avoid storing black walnuts near a furnace or radiator. The heat will cause the walnuts to become dry and therefore more difficult to shell.
Use a 2" X 8" X 24" piece of lumber to mount horizontally.
Mount to a wall stud or upright beam for a permanent installation. The handle should be positioned at a comfortable level so that the operator can easily apply downward pressure on the handle.
You Might Also Like...
Quick Store Search